I have been a teacher for twenty-two years. A lot of what I post falls into this category.
Case Study: Adapting a Rick Steves Travel Story for an eLearning Assignment
Editor’s Note: I wrote this post in the winter of 2019, when a polar vortex descended on the lower forty-eight, making it too cold to venture out of homes. That was when eLearning was a short-term plan. With the advent of the COVID-19 virus, I have changed my workflow for meeting students virtually every week… Continue reading
Modeling the multimedia story
As a mass media teacher, I don’t always get to tell stories because I spend more time teaching about how to make them. When my principal recently asked me to make a film to show our school board, I saw an opportunity to tell a story, model the work, and collaborate with students. Continue reading
German exchange student WordPress blog to keep family updated
Students of Mrs. Harshberger’s Honors Biology class met a foreign exchange student on Thursday, December 8th, who keeps his family updated about his life in America through his WordPress blog. Continue reading
I have been a public educator for most of my career. Maybe that says a lot about me.
- Adding a New Template for the ‘Featured Image’
- Overhauling this Site’s Color Palette
- Case Study: Adapting a Rick Steves Travel Story for an eLearning Assignment
- Placement: a fundamental consideration in supporting the whole teacher
- Viewpoint: Free summer travel program a great opportunity for Michiana Youth